Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Aunt Jill

After a long struggle with illness my Aunt Jill passed away unexpectedly early yesterday morning. I'm heartbroken that she is gone, but it is easy for me to picture her now happy and healthy, free from pain and trials, watching over us.

In the end she was able to give the gift of sight with the donation of her eyes, I know that she would have been very proud of that. I am proud of her for that.

In addition our family asks that all memorials be made to SOLAS (the local animal shelter) in her name. Aunt Jill loved her dogs and would have been very proud that our family has decided to honor her in this way.

Please pray for my grandparents who miss her desperately and have been through so much. While they are grieving my Grandma Barb also continues to struggle to get well herself.

I wish I could be home right now with my family. They are all so sad today, as her loss is really sinking in.

I love you all, so much.

My Aunt Jill had a great sense of humor, and she thought I was hilarious. She loved my blog and I want to write something about her in the coming days that she would have liked. So, please check back.

She loved Zack and I so much. We loved her back.


A service will be held for Jill at Cutler Funeral home in Council Bluffs, Wednesday, November 7th. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nonpareilonline/obituary-funeralhome.aspx?fhid=6862&pid=160743925

Memorials can be directed to SOLAS.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a friend of Jill's and just heard of the sad news. Jill was an amazing woman with a great heart. It was tough to see her sick. Great lady that will be missed. Sorry for your loss & your family too. Rip Jill.
-Sonja