Monday, January 24, 2011

Something To Get Excited About

This week has been a whirlwind. Just when we got that stupid packet and I was as bummed as ever, all the stars lined up and God sent me some things I could get excited about.

Going through all the packet stuff was horribly depressing. Not just for me, but also for Zack. For the first time since we found out he was going to have to leave (I think) having to go to Bahrain was real for Zack, too. He was super bummed. The whole day basically sucked. We couldn't cheer each other up, and for the following 3 days we fought like crazy, including one major episode in front of Doug and Linny (Sorry about that guys), it was probably the worst fight we've ever had. Naturally, it happened when we had people staying at our house. Extremely embarrassing.

Things were not good.

Then we realized Zack would be home for our one year anniversary. His "no later than" date is after our May 7th Anniversary, so he won't have to leave until a few days after. Even though him leaving later than expected is a blessing and a curse, since he will then be back later, we were both instantly very excited about him being home for our anniversary. Things started to look up, which was amazing.

I've said on here before that hanging out with my friend Chelsea and her husband Sam and especially their beeb Brylie, instantly makes me feel better. They are the very best friends a girl can ask for and I love them so much. Last week was no exception, and actually, was a perfect example. Chelsea is always the first person to tell me Zack loves me and we're both just stressed, she's the first person I know will text me back no matter what time it is, and she is a like-mind when it comes to things i'm interested in.
Chels is a strong advocate for gentle birthing and attached parenting, which is my FAVORITE subject. After a few days of being down I spent the day with Chelsea and Brylie and a few of their friends, one of which is Chelsea's rockstar doula. Chels and I spent a few days talking about her and what an awesome career she had and how much I would love it and how it would suit me before I realized that's exactly what I should be doing.
The next morning I did some research and discussed it with the people closest to me, and just a few days later here I sit, enrolled in Doula training, waiting patiently for my July training conference and looking at a required reading list of about 30 books I can't wait to read.



I am excited!

For the first time EVER I know what I want to be when I grow up! I am made to work in the birth field, and not the hospital medical route either. I know that God has brought me this opportunity and waited so long for me to see what I wanted to do so that I could find out now, and have something to be so so excited about even though my husband is leaving for a year. Perfect timing!

Plus, this will help me get my pregnancy and birth fix in while I'm waiting my turn.


Woohoo!


I couldn't wait to share this news with you all :) I'll keep you all updated on the process!


Okay, so I know this isn't the Bahrain post, but I hate that post. I don't even want to finish writing it. Eventually I will, and I'm sure it will be an anticlimactic read for all of you. I just don't like to think about it. So, I'm postponing for now. I hope you all understand.

I'm off to color my hair back to a more natural, less red, color. I'll talk to you all again soon!

3 comments:

Mom said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you and us Molly. With your schooling, our beebs and constant distanced conversating, this terrible year will pass in a little more than a flash. We were meant to be together and we always will be. I love you so much Molly Michelle Williams. Just remember serendipity... it will define us and our love until the day we die old in each others arms.

Mom said...

dude, zack, way to make a pregnant chick cry!