Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pre-Announcement Twin Pregnancy Ramblings

Before I was allowed to announce our twinlets to the kingdom I wrote all of my pre-announcement feelings into my phone. Today, I am posting that nonsense for all of you to read :) 

Enjoy!

"Do you want a Twinkie?"

"Obviously.... Please hurry... Please open it since I'm driving.... Wow, you just keep not giving me that Twinkie."

"Will you relax??"

"Will you give me the Twinkie?"


Craving fruit and ketchup. 


2:32am call to babe at work.

"Babe... Sometimes it just hits me that we're having twins and I'm like..."

"Whoa."

"Yeah"

"Pretty fucking exciting"

"We have to quit talking like that"

Giggles. 


Pregnancy brain is a very real thing.. Today I typed "are water is so gross.." Instead of our. I'm worried about my future. Perhaps I've had a stroke. 


Hiccups are the prelude to vomit 9 times out of 10 when pregnant. Be aware. 


If you wait too long to eat or drink, you will vomit. Why is this so hard for me to learn? 


Latest name Zack suggests if one or both of twins is a girl-- Francerd


I would kill a man for froyo right now. Not a joke. 


Sinus infection + pregnancy = misery .... But babies make it TOTALLY WORTH IT. 


Took my antibiotic and my prenatals with a rootbeer freeze as a chaser. Rootbeer freeze is the only food I've been able to keep down today... Pills are gonna make me lose it too. Lesson learned. 


Just read an article a woman wrote on the eve of her twins 13th birthday, addressed to the 13 years ago version of her, when her twins were first born. And SOBBED. Did I think this through?? I'm going to love and worry about these people FOREVER. Until I die. No matter what. That seems incredibly scary. It's too late to go back. I love these two babies and I fought hard to make them and keep them safe... I will be a mental case from now on. There's no end to this anxiety... It's forever. And actually... I have to say... I'm still super fucking excited. 


"Yeah, vagina's do a lot of really gross things during pregnancy." Thanks Doc. 


It's amazing how little it takes to make me so sick. 


"I can't wait to find out what flavors they are! I hope it's a blueberry and a strawberry."

 

I thought the super sensitive smell nonsense was over... Nope. Silly babies.


I can't imagine what people who have kids already do when they're pregnant. All I want to do is lay around and vomit. And search the internet for baby stuff I need....


Zack guards our baby names like people are asking for our social security numbers. "Oh you're having twins?? Do you have names picked out?" "Yes, but we can't tell you." Yeah... The random Walmart checker is totally going to steal our names... Relax.


At 10w2d I saw fetus A moving on the ultrasound. It was the most exciting, emotional, terrifying, motivating thing I have ever experienced. So cool :) I'm betting that's a boy. He was definitely hyper-active like his Daddy. 


"IF YOU TOUCH MY NIPPLES ONE MORE TIME I SWEAR I WILL LOSE MY MIND!"


Shelby texting me, and me having to pee every hour, will keep me from sleeping through the night for the rest of my life... Or this pregnancy. Twins will eliminate sleep after that. Clearly, since Shelby never, ever, sleeps. 


Alert. Alert. I need a cheesey gordita crunch, STAT. This is not a drill.


Would love to take this opportunity to use my blog post update post announcement of our sweet little munchkins, to acknowledge all the great people in my life, especially my husband. I have not been particularly easy to deal with the last 14 weeks, and everyone has been really great at just going with the flow and being super supportive. Our families have been amazing, despite their inability to keep secrets! My parents, as usual have helped us more than we can ever thank them for. My in-laws have been fantastic. We are so blessed! 


Pregnancy has assured me that, while he drives me insane, there really is no one better for me in this world than Zackery. A man who is willing to listen to you cry (for the 10th time today) because the children's book you are randomly reading "is just so sad", make 1000 late night food runs, not complain about all night sickness sessions, take care of literally everything around the house while you sleep 14 hour blocks, and watch your food and water intake until you want to hit him.. Is a good man. Zack is extraordinary. I love him to the bottom of my soul and I can't wait to be a parent with him the rest of our lives. 


I am so in love with our family. It nearly breaks my emotional heart. 


Thinking of dying my hair grey.. Think Pink or Kelly Osborne. To make the inevitable transition easier. Anxiety! 


I need a twin planner. That's like a party planner for babies. I need someone to buy all the stuff I need so I can stop thinking I'm forgetting something, and then send me the bill. Also, I would like to not receive the bill. 


There are at least 100 different kinds of cloth diapers. I think we're set for the first 15 minutes or so after birth as far as diapers go. So that's a relief. 


Everyone I know is having babies right now. All our kids will grow up together... and I will tell you now I'm totally judging your kids by your actions when they all go out together in high school. In fact ill say it now. The twins aren't allowed to hang out with any of the kids of people I hung out with in high school. 


I am a super bitch. The more pregnant I get the more I want to punch everyone. 


Babe my nipples are so huge. Have you ever seen nipples this huge? 

Yeah... On a ape :) 

Not funny. 


12 weeks pregnant :) 


No comments: