Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

Hypothermia. Everywhere we go.
It's not fun.
I was supposed to be Jamaican, I'm absolutely sure of it. I looooove the Christmas season, my happiest Christmas memories are the ones on those freak warm days where for some reason it's sweatshirt weather. Love.
Yesterday I was designing Christmas cards and finished before I realized the design I picked was a decorated tree on a beach. It said "Sending you warm wishes this season". *sob* I wish. I had to change to a snowy one that made me want to write "Hoping we all make it through this winter and move the hell outta Iowa by next snow season.".
I love Iowa, I love everything about living here EXCEPT the damn cold.
I just want to be warm. Which is why Zack and I are jet-setting off to sunny... well I don't know where yet.
I'm still feeling a lot of guilt about postponing our already belated wedding reception in favor of alone time with my love on a beach somewhere before he leaves for Bahrain. A lot of people, my husband included, told me they didn't care what we did, but I got the impression they all are really counting on a reception when he get's back. And recept we will. When he gets back.
Then I have time to plan, I can have the expensive photo-booth I want, and an open-bar with all of the bells and whistles. That's what I want. Plus, I can get skinny.
But most importantly I want to be on a beach squeezing my Zack for at least a week before they ship him off. I am aware people will think that's selfish, but it's really the best I can do. I need it. We need a honeymoon. I want to be able to hold on to those memories for the 12 months following, and where better than... well I still don't know. Somewhere amazing. I'm researching today.
I don't want to go to Mexico. I loooooved Jamaica but I wonder if it will be the same, as much fun, without my family there. Zack and I have discussed a lot of different romantic beachy places, but we need somewhere fun too. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Also, we're discussing moving to base, again. Zack thinks it will be easier. I think a fresh start would be nice but we will have to buy things... like a washer and dryer, ha. And we would be farther from my parents. Which doesn't seem like a big deal while he's still stateside, but when I'm by myself, I'll wish I was closer. Plus, I've heard horror stories about gossipy military wives. No bueno.
Well, we'll see I guess.
I have to be domestic today. Blech. Well, here I go kiddies, wish me luck!

No comments: